THE BASICS CLINIC:
(2-4 people) COST $35 +tax per person Select Saturday mornings at 9:00am.
(1 hour) $10 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot on the date booked.
Call the shop to register or for more info 905-619-8875 or e mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring your bike to the clinic.
Pre ride inspection
- maintaining proper tire pressure - presta valve, schraeder valve
- wheels spin freely, brakes work, derailleur working well
- choosing and applying chain lube - dry lube ,wet lube, wax
- bolts are tight, seat pack is full - spare tube, pump, tire levers, multi tool, chain breaker, gel
Extending the ride
- remove v brake wheel, remove disc wheel, remove road wheel.
- tube inspection, tire inspection, replacing tube, inflating tire
- installing the wheel
- leave no garbage
- chain tools, removal of damaged links,
- drivetrain variations - 8 vs 9 vs 10 spd
- installation of master link, freeing up stiff link
- new chain + old drivetrain = skipping
- chain stretch, drivetrain wear
Post Ride Maintenance:
- cleaning the drivetrain - degreaser, brushes
- chain - wd40, chain lube - freeing up seized links
- cables dry lube
- headset - check for binding
- pedal springs - lube
- derailleur pivots - dry lube - check for visible damage
- brake pads - NO LUBE - inspect for wear
- DO ASAP do not store in damp or humid areas
Upon Completion our gift to you will be 10% off any bike maintenance products, such as tools and lubes.
2020 Spring Clinics:
- Saturday March 21 - 9:00 am
- Saturday April 4 - 9:00 am
- Saturday April 18 - 9:00 am
- Saturday May 2 - 9:00 am
We will also run group clinics related to bike care and maintenance. Call or e-mail us for a quote and to discuss topics.