THE BASICS CLINIC:
(2-4 people) COST $35 +tax per person Select Saturday mornings at 9:00am.
(1 hour) $10 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot.
Call the shop to register or for more info 905-619-8875 or e mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre ride inspection
- maintaining proper tire pressure - presta valve, schraeder valve
- wheels spin freely, brakes work, derailleur working well
- choosing and applying chain lube - dry lube ,wet lube, wax
- bolts are tight, seat pack is full - spare tube, pump, tire levers, multi tool, chain breaker, gel
Extending the ride
- remove v brake wheel, remove disc wheel, remove road wheel.
- tube inspection, tire inspection, replacing tube, inflating tire
- installing the wheel
- leave no garbage
- chain tools, removal of damaged links,
- drivetrain variations - 8 vs 9 vs 10 spd
- installation of master link, freeing up stiff link
- new chain + old drivetrain = skipping
- chain stretch, drivetrain wear
Post Ride Maintenance:
- cleaning the drivetrain - degreaser, brushes
- chain - wd40, chain lube - freeing up seized links
- cables dry lube
- headset - check for binding
- pedal springs - lube
- derailleur pivots - dry lube - check for visible damage
- brake pads - NO LUBE - inspect for wear
- DO ASAP do not store in damp or humid areas
Upon Completion our gift to you will be 10% off any
bike maintenance products, such as tools and lubes.
We are planning to run some mini clinics for the 2019 summer. One such clinic may be flat repair. If you have other topics you would like covered drop us an e-mail.
We will also run group clinics related to bike care and maintenance. Call or e-mail us for a quote and to discuss topics.